Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Guest Lecturer in Zagreb and Split, Croatia 

I received another invitation yesterday (part of the Fulbright inter-country outreach/travel program) to travel to Croatia towards the end of May (I will speak at a conference in Split--on the eastern shores of the Adriatic Sea, and then do a little guest lecturing at the University of Zagreb--the oldest and largest university in South-Eastern Europe).  



Here is a little on the conference: 

"Economic Transition Forum: Global Power Shift and Southeast Europe": The annual conference of the USACC will intend to cover an economic topic of global power shifts and the role of Southeast Europe in these changes with special accent on the global economic crisis. Several American and international speakers will be invited to cover this topic through their presentations, and the rest of the program is envisaged as a forum, fostering open discussion between experts and audience. This sort of discussion will enable participants to gain better understanding of current economic situation in the world and southeast Europe as well as to hear important information from world’s leading experts in this area.

All of the details still need to be worked out, but I am definitely excited to have the opportunity to visit the Mediterranean and experience an entirely different part of Europe, even if it will be for just a few days.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to take all of the family on this short trip, so Jacque will hold down the fort in Minsk with the five kids by herself for a few days.  She sure is the ever-supportive trooper!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,

    I have been looking through your http://ourminskadventure.blogspot.com site and was wondering if you would be interested in having me write a free post. I write about informative travel articles. I will just add one link to my site www.simplyzagreb.org}.

    If you have any other blog post in mind that you would want me to write for you, please feel free to let me know. On the other hand, I can also suggest some articles that may interest your readers.

    Thank you and regards,
    Domar

    ReplyDelete