Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Week of Presentations and Publications

I have been rather busy this week with different presentations/workshops I have been preparing/giving.  

On Tuesday afternoon, I gave my first of 3 presentations as part of the Strategic Human Capital Leadership training series at the Belarus High Tech Park.  The session was entitled “Strategic Employee Selection: From Effective Interviewing to the ‘Moneyball’ Approach to Selection."  The following three links provide a review of the session (both in Russian, so my English speaking family and friends will need to use Google Translate to read it):  


I think the session went very well and I am looking forward to session two next Tuesday.  Also, as a result of this presentation, I have been invited by the chair of the economics department to come and do a series of presentations/workshops at Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics (BSUIR).  We still have to work out the details, but this should be an interesting opportunity to interact with a different kind of faculty and students. 

Later this afternoon I will also be making a presentation to the BSU SBMT faculty entitled, "Preparing our Students with the Skills & Competencies Required for them to be Successful in their Professional Career."  The session and discussion should be interesting.  

Also, today marks the national release of my new HRM textbook, Human Capital Leadership: A Strategic Approach to Optimizing Workplace PotentialThe publisher had been working on negotiating some of the national copyright releases for quite a while now, so the national release has taken longer than we all had hoped, but I have been using it in my classes for the past year and it seems to have been received well by students.  I am excited for the national release!

Also, I found out that one article stemming from my dissertation research just got accepted, and another just got published.  The newly accepted one is "The Impact of Comparative State-Directed Development on Working Conditions and Employee Satisfaction" in the Journal of Management and Organization.  The newly published one is "Comparative welfare state impacts on work quality and job satisfaction: A cross-national analysis" in the International Journal of Social Economics.

So it has been a good week for publication news and for some interesting presentations/workshops.  I will be helping out with an English class tonight at the BSU English Language Institute and then I will have my normal MBA HR classes as well.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment