Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekly Update

Monday was a good day. Jacque was still not feeling well, so we let her rest while the kids and I played and I got some work done.  Also, the weather was nice we were able to spend some time outside at the playground.  Jacque also did the big shopping trip for the week.  In the evening, we had a yummy dinner and then had family night, before the kids went to bed.

Tuesday morning we had our typical routine and we let Jacque sleep in a bit.  I also got some work done in the morning before getting picked up for my second presentation at the Belarus High tech Park (which I posted on earlier in the week).  It was very well attended and I think it came off quite well, so I was pleased.  I got home in time to take the girls to the park before dinner.  Then Jacque went to her English class.  It was a good day.


Wednesday was a very rainy day.  It was basically a downpour all morning.  I had a series of meetings, presentations, and workshops at BSUIR in the afternoon (which I posted on earlier in the week) and everything went well.  Jacque had her English class again in the evening and by all reports it went well.  It was her last day and she is sad to been done.  She has really enjoyed her time with the students.


Thursday morning we had the typical morning routine and then I took off for my long day at the university.  I was able to get quite a bit of work done and then I had a good class with my MBA students in the evening.  It was rather rainy all day, so Jacque was stuck in the apartment with the kids all day and I think they all went a little stir crazy.  I got home from work a little after 9:30 pm and Jacque and I relaxed for a bit before it was time for bed.  

Friday was another really rainy day, but Jacque and the kids were dying to get out, so we just went out anyway.  Of course we ended up getting soaked by all of the rain, but it was fun!  We went to see the Afghan war memorial, commemorating fallen soldiers from Belarus, who died in the USSR/Afghanistan war between 1979 and 1988.  We then made our way over to McDonald's for our weekly fix!  When we got back, we got all of the kids dry and they had rest time.  When the kids were up and about later in the afternoon, I took them to the playground.  It was very wet, with puddles everywhere, but they had a great time and even made a new Belarusian friend.  We had ice-cream sundaes for ice-cream Friday and then Jacque and I had a nice evening after the kids were in bed. 




Saturday morning I was off early for my 3-hour MBA class.  Everything went well and by the time I got home the kids were down for naps.  The sun was shining, so around 3 pm when everyone was up, we took off to do some souvenir shopping (they also wanted to get me a present for Father’s Day).  We found some fun traditional Belarusian souvenirs and then had my Father’s Day dinner at TGI Friday’s (right in downtown Minks).  They were quite accommodating to the large family and even had English menus!  Unfortunately, several of the things we wanted to order from the menu they did not have after all.  But by the end of the meal we all were stuffed silly and we had a great time!  We got home in time to get the kids to bed at the normal time and Jacque and I had a nice evening together.


Today is a super sun, hot, and humid day!  We will take that over the rain, but it did make for a less pleasant trip to and from church.  Now we are back and enjoying a quiet afternoon.  Jacque made me a nice Father’s Day breakfast and I am sure we will have something delicious for dinner (we always do)!

No comments:

Post a Comment